You only pay attention to your health when you come down with a cold or the flu. However, sickness is around us all year round and looking after your health should be your top priority.
Pandemic aside, having a strong immune system is very beneficial. A healthy immune system will protect you first by creating a barrier, which will stop antigens and invaders from entering your body.
The top supplements for optimal health and immunity:
Immune+ High Strength by JS Health Vitamins: This supplement helps you stay healthy not only when you are sick but also all year round. The combination of plant-based and natural ingredients gives you all the necessary tools to maintain optimal immune system health. Main ingredients:
- Andrographis: reduces severity and duration of upper respiratory infections.
- Echinacea: stimulates the immune system to effectively fight infection and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Zinc citrate dihydrate: reduce the duration of cold symptoms.
- Vitamin C: proper functioning of the immune system.
Ultimate Greens by Braw: This blend of organic raw ingredients delivers the ultimate immunity booster to help you conquer your best health. Adding Ultimate Greens to your stack provides you with the best way to keep your health in tip-top shape all year round. Main ingredients:
- Immunity blend: Powerful combination of immunity blend ingredients including Echinacea, Organic mushroom extracts, Ginger powder, Elderberry powder.
- Probiotic: a healthy gut has great benefits to immune function and overall health.
- Polyphenol blend: combines antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin E and carotenoids.
Astra 8 Immune Tonic by Fusion Health: This powerful supplement has a combination of ingredients that will boost your immune defences as well as help you bounce back when you feel sick. Astra 8 is great for when you start to feel sick and need to kick the illness in the butt QUICK! Featured ingredients:
- Siberian Ginseng root: is great to raise vitality and fight fatigue.
- Codonopsis root: will boost the immune system.
- Licorice root and stolon: a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Atractylodes root: helps to strengthen the body when sick.
- Reishi mushroom: helps to fight infection.
Vitamin C 1000 Plus Zinc and Bioflavonoids by Herbs of Gold: We all know how important vitamin C is for your immune system. If you couldn’t escape the cold bug, adding this supplement to your daily routine will help you reduce the severity and duration of cold symptoms. Featured ingredients:
- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant that helps to boost immunity.
- Zinc: is important to help the immune system and metabolism function.
- Citrus bioflavonoids extract: the combination of vitamin C and bioflavonoids will help to increase the absorption of vitamin c for better immune health.
Once Daily Probiotic by Caruso’s Natural Health: probiotics are very important not only for gut health but also for immune health. The good bacteria found in probiotics will help to boost immunity by reducing inflammation in the body. Main ingredients:
- 32 Billion Probiotic with 6 strains: helps to maintain general health and wellbeing, better immune system support for a healthy body and digestive system help for a healthy gut.
Why Should I Add a Supplement to My Routine?
Adding supplements, vitamins or minerals to your daily routine is crucial to keep you healthy all year round. When you are eating a balanced and healthy diet, you provide your body with all the tools you need to stay healthy. However, sometimes this is not achievable and by adding a supplement you will give your body the missing link for optimal health.
Here are some benefits of a strong immune system:
- Better recovery from sickness and virus infections
- Seasonal protection
- Tiredness reduction
- Better restful sleep
- Infection detection and fight
What Else Can I Do to Stay Healthy?
- Nourish your Body: eating a healthy and balanced diet will help you nourish your body for optimal health. A variety of foods will provide your body with vitamins and minerals necessary to keep your immune system healthy, so it can fight off illness when needed.
- Exercise Regularly: staying active regularly is important for optimal health. Physical activity can help to flush out bacteria that accumulates in the body. Exercise also changes the antibodies and white cells in the body, which are vital for immunity.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight and Habits: having a strong immune system will also depend on your habits. If you drink alcohol, try to drink in moderation, have adequate sleep, minimise stress when possible and most importantly don’t smoke.