Setting fitness goals is very important on several counts. First, it keeps you accountable, and it also helps to push your boundaries when it comes to strenuous workouts.
If your goal is to lose weight, you’ll first need a training and diet plan that targets that goal. This means you need a deficit, which is to burn more calories than you consume. Supplements can be convenient when it comes to losing weight, and you can add specific products to help you give you that extra push. Popular supplements for this particular goal includes:
- Whey Protein – an essential supplement when it comes to any fitness goals. For fat loss, whey protein plays a vital role as it helps to keep you fuller for longer. Protein is also crucial for the body as it supports muscle repair and recovery. Choosing a protein powder that is low in carbohydrates and fats is excellent for fat loss.
- Fat Burners – not an essential supplement to have, but if you want to kickstart your journey, adding a fat burner may make all the difference. How do they work? Fat burners have a specific formulation of ingredients that gives you that extra kick when it comes to losing weight. In this type of supplement, you’ll find particular elements designed to support weight loss while supporting energy requirements.
- Amino Acids – an important supplementation to have as recovery pre, during or post workouts. Amino acids are essential in the body as some can be produced on their own and some can’t. Aminos are the building blocks of protein, and their role is vital for many processes, including muscle development and repair.
If your goal is to improve your performance, you’ll now know the importance of supplementation in your routine. Adding certain supplements will give you the extra push you need to improve your results and performance.
- Casein Protein – it’s a slow-release protein that is ideal to be added at night-time before you hit the pillow. This type of protein is perfect for muscle repair and recovery as it’s a slow-digesting protein meaning you will get the benefits of it while you sleep. The slow-release protein will help the body to stay anti-catabolic for better performance.
- Amino Acids with a hit of Energy – adding an amino acid supplement, as said before, is essential for recovery. Now, if you’re looking for aminos acids plus a hit of energy simultaneously, choose one that has caffeine in it and watch your performance improve.
- Pre-Workout – a stimulant that will give you the energy needed to pump more reps or increase your power. Pre-workout supplements are great to improve your endurance and give you that extra hit of energy so you can keep going for longer.
If you are in the game for serious muscle gains, you know you need a high-calorie diet and a specific training protocol to get you the gains. Supplements are also great here to help you achieve that.
- Weight Gainer – a high calorie, protein and carbohydrate supplement is ideal here as you want to make sure you are hitting all your macros for the day. This type of protein is perfect when you want to optimise your gains. It gives the protein needed for muscle recovery as well as essential amino acids required for growth.
- Beta Alanine – this amino acid is excellent if you want to gain muscle mass as it helps reduce fatigue while increasing exercise performance. Beta alanine can help to increase muscle mass when you are following an exercise plan for muscle gain.
- DAA – this amino acid is known for its muscle-building properties. D-aspartic acid helps to support strength, recovery and build muscle. This amino acid can aid the increased release of a hormone in the brain, resulting in the production of testosterone.
No matter what your fitness goal is, having the right training and diet is a must. A range of supplements is available to help with recovery, performance and strength, and adding the right supplement can help you achieve your goals. Whether you are looking to lose weight or gain muscle, there’s a supplement designed to help.